THE EXECUTIVE BOARD OF THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE APPROVED THE EVENT PROGRAMME FOR PARIS 2024
Skateboarding, sport climbing, surfing and breaking were confirmed as additional sports!
9 déc. 2020
The main features of Paris 2024’s Olympic programme include:
- Skateboarding, sport climbing, surfing and breaking confirmed as additional sports based on a proposal by Paris 2024. Breaking will make its Olympic debut.
- Reduction in the overall athlete quota (including all new sports) to exactly 10,500 participants.
- Reduction in the overall number of events, with a final programme of 329 events.
- Growth of mixed gender events, from 18 to 22, compared to Tokyo 2020.
- Exactly 50% male and female participation, following on from the gender equality already achieved for Tokyo 2020
Read the news on at Olympic.org!