THE EXECUTIVE BOARD OF THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE APPROVED THE EVENT PROGRAMME FOR PARIS 2024
Skateboarding, sport climbing, surfing and breaking were confirmed as additional sports!
The main features of Paris 2024’s Olympic programme include:
- Skateboarding, sport climbing, surfing and breaking confirmed as additional sports based on a proposal by Paris 2024. Breaking will make its Olympic debut.
- Reduction in the overall athlete quota (including all new sports) to exactly 10,500 participants.
- Reduction in the overall number of events, with a final programme of 329 events.
- Growth of mixed gender events, from 18 to 22, compared to Tokyo 2020.
- Exactly 50% male and female participation, following on from the gender equality already achieved for Tokyo 2020
Read the news on at Olympic.org!